Friday 13 April 2012

Daring You To Scrap April Challenge

YAY! I finally have a boy layout done. It feels like it has been aggggeeeessss. Master 14 now flat out refuses to have his photo taken (despite the promise of photoshopping any pimples). He has also developed this innate sixth sense for when a camera is about to be produced and vanishes no where to be found which has also ruled out any 'on the sly' impromptu shots too. However, throw his dad's dog Rolly into the the frame and magic, forgotten all about the camera! So this layout is for the April sketch challenge at Daring You To Scrap. Bit of a fun sketch that is a little bit out of the box which I loved!






Paper: MME Miss Caroline & On The Bright Side, Echo Park This & That. Other: Twine, Upholstery Tacks, Mini Pegs, Acrylic Paint, Background Stamp, Washi Tape, Carol-Lee Alphas, Echo Park Stickers, Paper & Bulldog Clips, Tim Holtz Mini Staples. Rivets.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! TFL xox

17 comments:

  1. Ooh, I have one of those 14 year old boys but no dogs handy. I did this sketch. Thought it was fab. You've done a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just awesome, Georgia! Love that background paper & all the stickers etc hanging off the banner with clips & little pegs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it !!! Love it !!! Love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, love the paint splattering and your background pp & love your banners
    Cheers
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spetacular. I am always looking for some boys page inspiration, boy´s mother are not that much in the easy barby world...lol.
    I like the bast the emblishments positionad like a sparkle.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch. I really like the eyelets on the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the reverse [problem - no girl pages as my 15yo girly also is well aware of when the camera is around. I am (very) occassionally given permission to scrap some of her photos from facebook...

    Love this by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it - Love the string, the splats & the stars....I'm sure his camera shyness will wear off by the time he's...oh, say....24!!!!:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photo/banner sketches are really popular right now- and they totally intimidate me- but you've done something truly amazing with it!!! I love that you've used the MME whitewashed paper for your background with the hints of black ink and those colors against it- just awesome.
    I'm dreading the teen years and the anit-photo stage....I remember what that was like! But you've got some great ones here. Well done Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning page!! I am dreading the time when my kids don't like the camera :-( ... at the moment, they LOVE it, which is great for me LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot! I just adore this boy page! It's packed full of masculine bits without one flower, it's just amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this looks amazing... you have made this sketch your own and it looks fabulous! I love the background paper and the splats...and great photos too!! I hope your weekend is going great!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love it. I love the sketch (and hope to give it a go if I can), I love the paper (just happened to purchase some myself and cannot wait to use it) and love those pics. Amazing how an animal can make us forget about what else is around us....the best medicine for anybody.
    Fabulous colors and I do like seeing a real boy page too. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this looks sensational. I love it. The banners look awesome and I love your stamping x

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is a really cool boyish LO - you've worked the sketch super well - love it all!!

    ReplyDelete